Monday, February 22, 2010

A warm welcome in The Netherlands

**If you don't read spanish, you just have to roll down and you will find an english version of this post + extra photos!**

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. E S P A Ñ O L .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Nunca hubiera podido imaginar lo dulce y cálida que iba a ser mi bienvenida en el país de mi amor. Mi corazón latía tan rápido cuando el avión aterrizó en Schiphol (Aeropuerto de Amsterdam) que creí que iba a saltar de mi pecho.

Y ahí estaba él otra vez. Parece que estamos destinados a encontrarnos en aeropuertos y ofrecer demostraciones de afecto al estilo Bollywood, incluyendo abrazos y besos eternos.


Pero esta vez él no estaba solo: un completo comité de bienvenida lo acompañaba y todos traían regalos para mí (flores, tarjetas, globos). Nunca había visto tantos tulipanes en mi vida y yo estaba tan feliz que dolía.


Afuera toda Holanda estaba cubierta de nieve, completamente blanca. Y curiosamente el sol brillaba, dándome la más maravillosa vista de los Países Bajos en invierno.
Compramos nuestros tickets de tren y fuimos a casa ("thuis" en holandés) con todos los ramitos de flores y todas mis valijas. Debo decir que me sentí como en casa desde el principio.


Estas fueron mis primeras impresiones del país que va a ser mi hogar pronto. Nada mal... para nada mal!



.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. E N G L I S H .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

I could have never imagined how sweet and warm my welcome was going to be in my love's country. My heart was beating so rapidly when the plane landed at Schiphol (Amsterdam Airport) that i thought it was going to jump out of my chest.

And there he was, again. Apparently we are meant to meet at airports and give Bollywood-styled versions of affection, including hugs and never ending kisses!

But he was not alone this time: an entire welcoming committee was with him and they were all bringing presents for me (flowers, cards, balloons). I've never seen so many tulips in my life and i was so extremely happy that it was hurting.

Outside all Holland was covered in snow, totally white. And curiously the sun was shining giving me the most wonderful view of The Netherlands in winter.
We bought our train tickets and we went home ("thuis" in dutch) with all the bouquets of flowers and all my bags. I must say that i felt like home from the very beginning.


These were my very first impressions of the country that is going to be my home soon. Not bad... not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment